Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
The ancient Romans called the hottest, most humid days of summer “dies caniculares” or “dog days”. The name came about because they associated the hottest days of summer with star Sirius. Sirius was know as the “Dog Star” because it was the brightest star in the constellation Canis Major (Large Dog).
So as we welcome the first day of summer, June 21st and the competition begins to determine which is the hottest most humid day…here’s a little guide on cooping with the heat and humidity.
- Drink up! This does not mean have another “cocktail”, rather avoid caffeine and alcohol. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day, and while you’re at it…drink it cold. Your body expends more energy (calories) to heat the water to body temperature, so why not work on that beach body while you are at it…
- Load up on spices. Eating spicy foods can actually cool your body down. We suggest using spicy ingredients in salsa, guacamole and your snacks!
- Refrigerate your skin care products. Sunscreens, lotions, toners, creams and even perfumes can be kept in the fridge. Very refreshing and very effective!
- Cool your pulse...Keep an ice pack in the freezer or your cooler. Place it on your wrists for 30 seconds to cool down the blood in your veins.
- Grab a Yeti 110 and go Boating! Pack all of the above and if that doesn’t work…take a 10 minute swim. Make sure you’re anchored before you do that!
Enjoy the summer!!!